Monday, February 24, 2014

Illusions

I've always been interested in art and creating. As far back as I can recall, it gave me a sense of accomplishment. I felt the praise I received when I colored correctly and stayed inside the lines. I felt disappointment when I was told I could do better.

With the loss of my eyesight,  those restraints are long gone. No more are there color boundaries or perfect lines forming the perimeters and angles of what is meant to be. Now the colors and their variances are lights and darks.  Contrast is what matters. No longer do straight lines border an outline of what is created, but rather composition and variegated qualities tell the story.

My works are illusions. I can't recreate a photograph except what I can interpret in my mind's eye.  The feeling, spirit and soul are the tools I use now.  Every painting has a profound meaning to me and has to achieve this in the finished product or it is subject to re-working. I love feedback and constructive criticism. Everyone has an opinion, likes and dislikes.  They can hate one of my paintings, or like it, or love it, or parts of it, but they cannot change the finished product.  That is a given.


No comments:

Post a Comment